|Reading/Language Arts||1. Reading Core Standards Notebook with daily worksheets (literature & informational text)
2. Galileo (Friday and Quarterly Benchmark Testing) Link to Galileo
3. Tampa Reads (K-3rd) Link to Tampa Reads
4. Avenues K-5th for any ELL students or supplemental Link to Avenues
5. Insight for any ELL students or supplemental
|Math||1. McGraw-Hill Math Kindergarten, supplemental 1st-6th Link to McGraw-Hill
2. Study Island Math Core Worksheets Link to Study Island
3. Galileo Weekly tests (if standard is not offered, use study island core worksheet) Galileo
4. Study Island Online Practice Link to Study Island
5. Galileo daily and weekly worksheets (Title I) Link to Galileo
|Social Studies||MacMillan Social Studies|
|Science||Study Island links to the AIMS Standards | SRA/ McGraw-Hill Science|
|Writing||Study Island links to the AIMS Standards | Write Source & 6-Traits of Writing|
|Character Building||"Character First"|
|Tobacco Prevention||Mendez "Too Good for Drugs" & "Too Good for Violence"|
|Strings||Suzuki Violin Method & other orchestra music and materials.|
|Computers||Lebre Office Suite (Free), Mavis Beacon typing tutor, Study Island, Reading Eggs (K-3rd), Accelerated (AR) Reading, Star Reading, Star Math, Read Naturally, IRC Internal Chat. spelling drills, & many other programs drills and educational sites on the high speed internet (protected by a "proxy server").|
|Dance & Physical Ed.||Exceptional PE curriculum.|
|Assessments||Galileo: Assessment Technology Incorporated creates technology to promote learning.|
|AIMS Preparation||1. Buckle Down 3rd-6th
2. Study Island
New Horizon School for the Performing Arts owns the building.
Many charter schools "rent" space in a facility. New Horizon is in complete ownership of the facility.
The professional lighting and sound in the dance room (cultural hall) is quite exraordinary. The basket ball court outside is also a volleyball court.
The park across the street (north) gives students room to stretch their legs and enjoy the outdoors at breaks and at lunch times.
Free and reduced hot lunches are also part of the New Horizon School program. New Horizon is a certified "PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL sponsored by the Arizona Charter Board.